Working safely is fundamental to our business.
Health and safety performance is not only the absence of harm, but the presence of positive actions.
Our emphasis is on shared responsibility, continuous improvement and visible leadership which encourages employees, sub-contractors and clients to consider the role they each play in providing a safe workplace for everyone.
To underscore and strengthen these safety commitments, contractors working for BESIX Watpac must register and maintain their compliance in an online Site Access system.
The system is managed on behalf of BESIX Watpac by Pegasus, workforce management software and safety experts.
HOW DOES THE SYSTEM WORK?
Contractor workers will be registered by their employer in the BESIX Watpac Site Access system.
The process is completed in steps in an online portal:
- Create a business account in the Site Access system
- Create profiles for your employees who work for BESIX Watpac
- Select the role/s they perform for BESIX WATPAC on a specific project or site
- Upload their qualifications and competencies (licences, tickets)
- Book online inductions which they complete before attending site
This information is verified by Pegasus safety specialists. Compliant and inducted workers are issued with access ID cards linked to their online profile – their passport to access BESIX Watpac sites and projects.
WHICH PROJECT SITES REQUIRE REGISTRATION?
Currently, the project site listed below requires workers to register in BESIX Watpac Site Access:
- Barangaroo Station
Pegasus connects a competent workforce and manages the Site Access system on behalf of BESIX Watpac.
Forged in deep industrial expertise, our software was first developed in 1998 to keep Australian workers safe on site.
Our commitment to workplace safety was as uncompromising then as it is now. The complete Pegasus workforce management solution:
- provides immediate access to data on the workforce
- manages all training and inductions
- administers compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers on a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of businesses and workers
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract